'You can put your hand on this book and swear by it, because it's the bible. Every bird of town, bush, swamp, island, beach, river and the sea is here – accurately, intricately, and beautifully observed.'
— Steve Braunias: author of How to Watch a Bird
The Field Guide to the Birds of New Zealand is the modern classic of the genre – the tried and trusted reference for lovers of New Zealand birds.
Comprehensive, reliable and easy to use, this fourth revised edition features:
- 374 species, including 35 new additions – the book's biggest revision since first publication
- 85 stunning colour paintings of New Zealand birds, including rare and recently extinct species
- an introduction to key bird-watching sites
- distribution maps and an in-depth guide to field identification
- an additional handbook section that includes information on the distribution, habitat, population, conservation, breeding, behaviour and feeding habits of each species
The only field guide to New Zealand birds officially endorsed by the Ornithological Society of New Zealand, this is the most authoritative reference available – a wonderful celebration of our extraordinary and diverse birdlife.
- ISBN: 9780143570929
- Page: 464
- Format: Paperback
- Dimensions: 158mm x 219mm x 32mm | 966g