Auckland is an amazing region to explore with kids. Clamber up volcanoes, squelch across tidal mudflats or jump on a ferry and zip across the harbour to the country’s youngest volcano, Rangitoto Island.
Our completely revised guidebook has 100+ of the best crowd-pleasing favourites to explore. The 2020 edition has 30 new adventures and has doubled in size.
- Sea Caves? Head to the remote Whatipū Beach to explore.
- Playgrounds, splash pads, bike parks and pump tracks: Bring the togs, bikes and energy to burn on these adventures!
- All ages, all abilities: Walks from five minutes to a few hours.
- Easy inner-city adventures? Visit Oakley Creek Waterfall or scoot along the boardwalk at East Hobson Walkway.
- Education sheets to learn about volcanoes, wetlands, marine animals, native trees, Māori history and shorebirds.
- Māori language guide: Learn te reo Māori during your outdoor adventures.
- Department of Conservation Toyota Kiwi Guardians’ activity trails to explore.
- A5 size with 168 pages printed on certified FSC paper from sustainable sources. It's the perfect size to pop into backpacks or the glove box.
More than 100 adventures from:
Auckland City, North Shore, MTB forest parks, Devonport, Auckland Regional Parks, Rangitoto Island, Rotoroa Island, Hauraki Gulf, West Coast beaches and walks from Muriwai to Whatipū, Waitākere Ranges, Hūnua Ranges, South Auckland including Ambury Regional Park and Ōtuataua Stonefields, and East Auckland with its postcard-worthy beaches. Should keep everyone busy!
All walks show the distance and time of the adventure, the grade of the path and if it is suitable for buggies, bikes, wheelchairs and pooches.
Size: 21 x 15 cm